Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
No North American F1 race in 2009
No North American F1 race in 2009

Canadian officials have failed to reach a deal to reinstate Montreal's Grand Prix to the 2009 Formula One schedule, the BBC reports.

According to the broadcaster the race, which was dropped from the calendar for next season following a commercial dispute over the 2008 Canadian GP, will not be re-instated. The decision means that the will be no F1 race in North America during 2009, with the United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis already dropped.

In a statement on their website, the City of Montreal claimed Formula One had made "unreasonable demands" in a final contract proposal on 28 October and that offer called for an eventual promoter to put up a government or bank guarantee of some ?96.3 million over the next five years. It added that no private promoter was willing to take on such a level of risk, considering the limited revenue generated by the event.

Montreal Mayor Gerald Tremblay said: "Despite our endeavours, the unreasonable demands of Formula One exceeded the taxpayer's ability to pay."

Fonte: "Sport Business International"

[Immagine: DRAGoons_CLAN.jpg] [Immagine: me-lil.jpg] [Immagine: DragOne_USACF.jpg]
http://www.funnycar.it/

"La mente umana ? come il paracadute: funziona solo se ? aperta" (Louis Pauwels e Jaques Bergier)

Stay hungry, stay foolish

Cita messaggio
Greedy bastards
MAYBE I AM A DINOSAUR, BUT I'M A TYRANNOSAURUS REX BABY - Lemmy
Cita messaggio

Vai al forum:

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)