Usa Cars Forum - Dreams on Wheels

Versione completa: Cadillac wagon of the fifties
Al momento stai visualizzando i contenuti in una versione ridotta. Visualizza la versione completa e formattata.
Guardando in giro, ho trovato queste wagon spettacolari, costruite in serie limitata per clienti molto facoltosi.

[Immagine: 55-cadillac_Custom_Viewmstr-DV-07-C.jpg]

[Immagine: 55_Cadillac_Custom_Viewmaseter_DV-0.jpg]

[Immagine: 2527562520Caddy2520wagon.jpg]

[Immagine: 19562520Caddy2520Wagon.jpg]

[Immagine: AC-Caddy-Wagon-frontright.jpg]

[Immagine: broadmorezi6.jpg]

[Immagine: 53cadillac_brooksstevens.jpg]
[Immagine: he-01-1530.jpg]

[Immagine: caddy20wagons.jpg]

[Immagine: 60CadillacSWlftfrnt.jpg]

[Immagine: 60CadillacSW003.jpg]

[Immagine: 60CadillacSWlftfrnt-1.jpg]

[Immagine: 60CadillacSWlftrear2.jpg]

Non riesco a vedere nessuna foto,peccato ero curioso.
Caspita davvero belle e quantomai inusuali!

[Immagine: 08333c3041.jpg]

Io su questa sopra ho trovato una paginetta con qualche foto dove sono state spese anche un paio di parole: [url="http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/17949/index.html"]LINK![/url]

:ccowbiy:

Gi?

Ma erano costruite partendo da zero o da una sedan come nel caso delle Cadillac Ambulance e delle Cadillac Hearse?
Le professional erano costruite su un telaio allungato dalla casa (commercial chassis) equivalente grosso modo a quello della Serie 75.

Queste erano tutte costruite su telaio della sedan, con aggiunto il tetto di un'altra GM del periodo.

Grazie Gio' :ccowbiy:

Bellissima.

@ Elvis

The Hess & Eisenhardt, Cincinnati, Ohio, Built Custom View Master Station Wagons in 1955 and 1956. William 'Bill' Hess, who designed this wagon in conjunction with the Cadillac Motor Car Division of GM, was a graduate of General Motors Institute of Technology; in the fifties, he was considered one of the most advanced stylists in the industry. These luxury station wagons were built on the Series 62 chassis (129-inch wheelbase) using Series 86 Commercial cowl and floor pan. Doors were by Fleetwood. The tail-gate glass was that of the Chevrolet Nomad wagon. Seven were manufactured, each one being different in color and finish from the next; they stood two inches taller than the regular Series 62 Cadillac and each weighed around 5000 pounds. All had chrome window pillars all round and most had imitation wood side-paneling in Fiberglass.
una pi? bella dell'altra. La '60 poi, mi fa impazzire.
LA 60 ? davvero meravigliosa.
[quote name='mopar' post='180337' date='16/1/2009, 18:29']LA 60 ? davvero meravigliosa.[/quote]

la altre (o simili) bene o male le avevo gi? viste. Ma quella mai. quante ne avranno fatte?
Originally Posted by ChevyGirlRox

Cool wagons for sure.

I pulled this one out of a barn where it has been sitting for the past 17 years. It has been owned by the family since the mid 1960s. They have decided to sell it at the Gooding and Company Auction this January (http://www.goodingco.com/scottsdale09.html not pictured in auction preview). The firm I work for is preparing the car for the auction and babysitting it until then I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car and wish I could buy it. They are estimating it to go for $70-$90,000 though a little to deep for my pockets at this time in life

The car was built by Hess and Eisenhardt of Cinci, Ohio (they are mentioned above). It was orginally ordered by and sold to the man that owned Central Cadillac in Cleveland, Ohio. It is believed that he had an earlier one (possibly like the '55 pictured above) and his wife loved it so much he ordered a run of them in 1960. I've been told there were either 5 or 10 made (personally I believe 5) and he got two of them. He kept one for his wife, this one, and sold the other thru the dealership. His wife drove the family in the car for four years or so at which time he sold the car to my client's grandparents. They then passed the car to her father and now to her and her siblings.

The car is has a very interesting build. We believe the roof is Buick and are for sure that the rear tailgate is. It is neat how chopped the back windows look. The interior is stock Cadillac in black with carpet and accessory pockets in the back. The wood on the side isn't wood but rather vinyl stickers. The pieces of wood surrounding the panels are metal with a sticker or paint covering
[quote name='?kinnyBoy' post='180330' date='16/1/2009, 18:12']Grazie Gio' :ccowbiy:

Bellissima.

@ Elvis

The Hess & Eisenhardt, Cincinnati, Ohio, Built Custom View Master Station Wagons in 1955 and 1956. William 'Bill' Hess, who designed this wagon in conjunction with the Cadillac Motor Car Division of GM, was a graduate of General Motors Institute of Technology; in the fifties, he was considered one of the most advanced stylists in the industry. These luxury station wagons were built on the Series 62 chassis (129-inch wheelbase) using Series 86 Commercial cowl and floor pan. Doors were by Fleetwood. The tail-gate glass was that of the Chevrolet Nomad wagon. [color="#FF0000"]Seven were manufactured[/color], each one being different in color and finish from the next; they stood two inches taller than the regular Series 62 Cadillac and each weighed around 5000 pounds. All had chrome window pillars all round and most had imitation wood side-paneling in Fiberglass.[/quote]

Spettacolari.
[Immagine: caddy20wagons.jpg]

queste due '56 erano nuovamente in vendita su ebay qualche giorno fa...
Base partenza 40.000$....
Belle tutte, ma la 60 ? davvero un'opera d'arte...
La '60 ? veramente strepitosa!

Il vetro posteriore cos? sottile ha un fascino terribile.

Le altre sono tutte belle a parte quella fotografata in bianco e nero per via dell'infelice montante posteriore.

bello anche lo slancio dato dal disegno del pannello di legno sulla '60

Ormai l' hanno detto tutti, ma la '60 ? di una bellezza strepitosa !!!