Usa Cars Forum - Dreams on Wheels

Versione completa: Dadi peluche
Al momento stai visualizzando i contenuti in una versione ridotta. Visualizza la versione completa e formattata.
Apro un' amena ed effimera discussione ferragostana sul tema : perché molte us cars appendono allo specchietto quei dadi di peluche?

Sicuramente si rifanno alla tradizione delle sfide semaforiche in voga agli anni 50 tra giovani motorizzati.Però diciamolo francamente non è che siano proprio sta gran bellezza, ma de gustibus.......
Più che altro...avrebbe anche senso su un certo tipo di auto di una certa epoca.........ma si trovano ovunque...dalle Jeep alle Cadillac......... :011:

Ci sono diverse spiegazioni date da più persone. questa è una di quelle che ho trovato in un Forum di vecchi Rodder e l'ha scritta una persona che ha vissuto in quel periodo....

The story I heard ---and have always believed, wasen't always FUZZY dice---it started in the 40s when the old backyard built circle tracks were the staple of Hot Rodders and the racers use to have dice hanging in their cars made out of the checkered flags as a good luck symbol---as we went into the fifties in So. Cal where I grew up the Fuzzy Dice hanging around the mirrors meant you were going steady and had a girlfriend---and the dice were made out of angora yarn wrapped around a foam cube usually made by the girlfriend or someone she knew in the color of your car as you could not buy them in stores like you could today---and when you had a steady relationship with a gal back in those days that was the first thing that went in your car---which meant to the other gals around---this is my man---whether you believe this story or not---this was my life back in the late 50s and early 60s.

Thank you for your time

Questa è un'altra ed è più "completa" :

In the 1940s and 1950s, no serious hot rod was complete without a set of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. Today, fuzzy dice are a symbol of retro flair, or amusing schlock. However, there is history and symbolism behind those innocuous looking fuzzy cubes.

World War II

The common lore says that fuzzy dice spring from a pilots' superstition in World War II. Before taking off for a sortie, pilots would put a pair of dice on their instrument panel, with seven pips showing, for good luck.

Another grimmer variant on the story is the dice on the panel were a reminder that every flight was figuratively "a roll of the dice" as to whether the plane would return safely to base. Considering that by 1942, the United States was losing an average of 170 aircraft per day, pilots had a right to be cynical about their chances. Every flight was a gamble and only the lucky winners got to go home.

The Home Front

When the veterans came home from World War II, they found a country transformed. An entire generation of young people, men and women, had their comfortable, often rural, lives uprooted by the chaos of combat and wartime deprivation. Young people also had two things they didn't have before the war, freedom and spending money. Many translated their restlessness into "a need for speed" and the golden age of the street rod flourished.

A souped-up hot rod was a good outlet for the mechanical skills many veterans had picked up in the service and could replace the adrenalin rush many missed from their days in combat.

An illegal street racing subculture sprang up in many cities.

Dicing With Death

Nobody knows which street racer hung the first pair of plastic dice over his rear view mirror, invoking the old pilots' superstition and cynicism. However, before long plastic dice became part of the look of the alternative culture, as much as rolling a pack of Lucky Strikes up in a t-shirt sleeve. Displaying the dice meant the driver was ready and willing to be "dicing with death" in the dangerous and unregulated world of street racing.

However, even super cool hot-rodders had to be practical. The cheesy plastic dice melted in the sunlight and were soon replaced with stuffed fuzzy dice. In the United Kingdom, they were called fluffy dice or furry dice.

Modern Times

As times changed and racing became an organized sport, the kitschy dice remained part of car culture into the 1980s. Drivers would pick colors that matched their custom cars and the dice became more of a symbol of individuality than defiance. However, by the end of the 1980s, more than one state had outlawed hanging any items from rear view mirrors and the fad had, in general, become cliche.

The practice had become so tame that a 1993 study found drivers with fuzzy dice on their mirrors were no more likely to take risks or become involved in accidents than the average driver. The era of dicing with death had passed.

However, as a new generation discovers retro fads and fashions, symbols like fuzzy dice are coming back into style. Look around the parking lot at the supermarket and it is likely a set will be dangling from a tricked-out pickup and an every day minivan. They are no longer symbols of rebellion and recklessness, but of nostalgia.

E' una tradizione che risale ai tempi di Giulio Cesare, Se ci fate caso sotto la scritta 40% ACRILICO c'è la dicitura Alea iacta est

Citazione:Più che altro...avrebbe anche senso su un certo tipo di auto di una certa epoca.........ma si trovano ovunque...dalle Jeep alle Cadillac......... :011:

Citazione:as we went into the fifties in So. Cal where I grew up the Fuzzy Dice hanging around the mirrors meant you were going steady and had a girlfriend---and the dice were made out of angora yarn wrapped around a foam cube usually made by the girlfriend or someone she knew in the color of your car as you could not buy them in stores like you could today---and when you had a steady relationship with a gal back in those days that was the first thing that went in your car---which meant to the other gals around---this is my man---whether you believe this story or not---this was my life back in the late 50s and early 60s.

questa è quella che sapevo io. E quindi ci stanno bene anche su una Cadillac...

Non è che auto americana significhi sempre e solo sfide ai semafori.
Certamente la simbologia dei dadi legati alla sfida con la sorte ha lunga data (Giulio Cesare " alea jacta est").

Ringrazio Scacco per l'esauriente contributo culturale.
secondo me vuol dire DAiDIgas

Sulle auto USA non sono corrette, sono una tradizione dei risciò cinesi, difatti sull'etichetta c'è sempre scritto (sotto al 40% acrilico) MADE IN CHINA.
si, ma fu sempre un italiano (un certo Marco) a portarli in Cina, appesi al retrovisore della Polo.

ho trovato i dadi originali di Giulio Cesare

[Immagine: %24%28KGrHqF,!o0E-v8dq4S4BP4z2dj1T!~~60_35.JPG]

Citazione:ho trovato i dadi originali di Giulio Cesare

[Immagine: %24%28KGrHqF,!o0E-v8dq4S4BP4z2dj1T!~~60_35.JPG]
:zsarcastic4xx:  :zsarcastic4xx:  :zsarcastic4xx:
I dadi ci stanno bene ovunque, qualcuno li appende pure alla testata del letto ... :zsarcastic4xx:

[Immagine: 1-pcs-Party-Game-Adult-Funny-Novelty-Gif...-E6477.jpg]

Io ho sempre detestato qualsiasi cosa appesa allo specchietto interno, mi fa andare in bestia... fosse anche una riproduzione gonfiabile di Dita Von Teese.

Citazione:Io ho sempre detestato qualsiasi cosa appesa allo specchietto interno, mi fa andare in bestia... fosse anche una riproduzione gonfiabile di Dita Von Teese.

Quanto te la tiri ...  Rinneghi il tuo passato, questa foto dal tuo album di famiglia? :zsarcastic4xx:

[Immagine: arbre_magique_50_anni_profumati_26393.jpg]
Citazione:Io ho sempre detestato qualsiasi cosa appesa allo specchietto interno, mi fa andare in bestia... fosse anche una riproduzione gonfiabile di Dita Von Teese.

la pensavo come te, poi sulla vecchia auto ho appeso un pupazzetto profumato. Mi son abituato subito ed in curva sembrava un ginnasta, Poi son arrivati dei dadi verdi sempre profumati non tanto grandi. Adesso che ho cambiato daily car i dadi li ho attaccati al poggiatesta del divanetto dietro. Per il retrovisore stavo pensando ad Elvis ...anche non profumato,

Magari una volta prova per qualche minuto, poi al massimo attacchi l'affare al frigo.